Something's Up with Jack, Something's Up with Jack...



I've entered a whole new world, as of late. I had never seen Tim Burton's Nightmare Bfore Christmas, but on October 13th, 2008 I knew that all had to change. People had been telling me for years that I would love it, and in fact I have quite a collection of Burton's work; my favorites being Big Fish and The Corpse Bride. But I had managed to get through the past 10 years without missing it, until finally last night I saw the film. What an amazing experience! Early one night I had decided to go off to bed, but couldn't sleep and upon coming out to the family room to visit with my roommate, I realized I hadn't yet missed Jay Leno's musical guest. At the time, I had misheard and believed K.D. Lang was to perform. Imagine my surprise and glee to find it was instead Amy Lee! Sally's Song filled my ears and heart, and since then the plan was set in to motion to finally put NMBC in my repetoir of films. Last night with a bottle of reisling, my friends and I sat down and watched, and Sally's Song has become one of those core songs in my life's playlist. With such an amazing story, visuals, and moral, please... if you are like me and have spent the past 10 years under a rock... see Nightmare Before Christmas!

No comments: